2Hearts Designs

Support This Site

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A night of fun = A day of pain

Why is it that when we spend a night out having fun we have to pay for it all day the next day? My friend Lella and her boyfriend, Allen, had us over for a cookout and to play cards last night. We went about 6 PM and came home about 2 AM and had a GREAT time. However, the old monster Fibro raised it's ugly head this morning when I tried to get out of bed. It took me several minutes, and tries to even move. Of course I slept so hard and I had laid on my back -- which is a NO NO that I thought it was broken. After I finally managed to get up came the legs and arms and on and on. Gee it's the best time I've had in ages and then today is crap. :(

They say to pace yourself and make sure you get rest. I took a nap yesterday and didn't get up until 3 PM to get ready to go. So it's not like I was up all day and night. But I feel like I was drunk (NO we weren't drinking) and walked out in front of a truck. Maybe if I was drinking I still wouldn't feel it LOL

I write this knowing that only those of you that have this dreaded curse can understand. Others say it's cause you're getting older, need to exercise more, blah, blah, blah. I really dislike those people that think all you have to do is exercise and eat veggies and you'll be just fine. I don't think setting in a chair and eating has anything to do with lack of exercise. Well that's my gripe for the day and aren't you glad I'm finished with it :) Maybe next time we'll play football or go roller skating so I can have a reason to feel this way.

I'm sorry I haven't been here much, but life keeps keeping me away from here. I am pretty sure my comment section is working now so I'm hoping some of you will let me know what subjects you would like for me to discuss. I saw a very interesting subject (at least for women) on another website that I am planning on discussing soon. It seems that I am not the only one that thinks the "bra companies" should come up with a Fibro friendly version. What do you think? More to come on that later.

Also coming up is my life as "The Princess and the Pea" -- so stay tuned and keep coming back.

God's Blessings for pain free days for all of you -- Darla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi my friend Darla. Had to have a little giggle here .cos yes its all true .You know youre going out so you rest ,set yourself uop for your big night out .have great time .watching others dance the night away .maybe try one slow dance ,cos youve had a small drink ,Take your time and walk back home using walking stick .But wow in the morning .You feel like a truck had run you over .know very well how you feel .its so true.great blog Darla .take care .gentle hugs Heather9fluffypinkturkey)Keep up the good work my friend.

Bits N Bobs said...

As a fellow sufferer I can certainly understand your frustrations at those who suggest more exercise.

Bit like telling someone with no legs that jogging is good for them *rolls eyes*